Apply to be the PKG Graduate Community Engagement Fellow!
Graduate Community Fellows are a cadre of graduate students who work under the auspices of the Office of Graduate Education on projects and assignments that enhance the life of graduate students in unique ways.
- Spend 10 hours a week on duties as a Fellow during the appointment period, which runs from September 1 to May 31 unless otherwise noted.
- Attend Fellows meetings several times per academic year, and meet with members of the OGE staff and the OGE’s business partners as required.
- Maintain project records as required.
- Serve as a resource to other graduate students.
- Submit a year-end report on progress to the supervisor and the OGE.
*This opportunity is only open to MIT students!
PKG Center: Community Engaged Learning
The PKG Center for Public Service is the epicenter of public service at MIT. It is a small collegial and welcoming office. The PKG Center’s overarching goals are to tap and expand MIT students’ unique skills and interests to prepare them to explore and address complex social and environmental challenges. We educate students to collaborate ethically and effectively with community partners to engage in meaningful public service, today and in their lives beyond MIT.
The Graduate Community Engagement Fellow will work closely with the Assistant Dean for Community Based Programs to support the development of community engaged learning initiatives at the PKG Center. The fellow’s projects will focus on research and programming that supports PKG’s efforts to provide technical assistance for community engaged learning across MIT through partnerships with faculty, graduate students, and DLCs.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Conduct a landscape analysis of community engaged learning at MIT
- Research existing faculty efforts with community engaged learning at MIT
- Create inventory of existing community engaged classes
- Develop list of faculty/graduate students who are eager to explore community engaged learning models and pedagogy
- Integrate the data related to community engaged learning at MIT into existing PKG Airtable databases
- Research existing community engaged learning at peer institutions
- Support the development of community engaged learning workshops and communities of practice for faculty and graduate students