Immerse yourself in the field of public healthcare!
You don’t have to wait until graduation to support healthcare in Boston. Through PKG IAP, our one-month immersion program, you can support local medical efforts by collaborating with practitioners in the field. You’ll provide meaningful public service, implement specific projects, and learn about policy and practice in the United States.
When you participate in PKG IAP: Health
- You and our community partners benefit from your passion for learning and service
- Practitioners benefit from your energy, insights and projects
- You benefit from the opportunity to develop your project-implementation and client-based skills while learning firsthand about the challenges facing the US healthcare system.
How it works
- Spend four weeks in January 2023 full-time at Boston Medical Center through a hybrid work model.
- PKG IAP: Health will provide you with experience in the field. You will work with professionals, collaborate with fellow students to serve clients, and work on specifically assigned projects based on your skills and the needs of the host organization.
- This program pairs MIT students (you) with healthcare practitioners at Boston Medical Center and other health agencies. Our partners seek students with a wide variety of skills; this experience is open to students across courses at MIT with an interest in the health field broadly.
- We pay your travel expenses, provide a stipend, and help with the cost of materials.
- You attend workshops to prepare you to consult with your host and implement your project.
- During IAP you also participate in community dinners with your cohort of MIT students to share and process your experience in the field.
To learn more about IAP: Health, check our IAP: Health blog content, featuring student reflections on their experiences going through this program!
Talk to us about PKG IAP
Questions? Email: email@example.com