Let’s work together for a better world.
Your support helps MIT students tackle some of the world’s biggest challenges.
The PKG Center recognizes that the lasting benefits created by and for MIT students would not exist without the involvement of the generous donors and sponsors like you who make our programs possible. This year your support assisted:
- Thandolwethu Dlamini, Technology & Policy, G, and his 2021 IDEAS grantee team, The Knowledge Institute, who are developing SaSa, a mobile-friendly web platform that will enable high school graduates to quickly and inexpensively apply for tertiary education. SaSa will increase successful application outcomes for low-income students and improve awareness of available higher education options with the ultimate aim of lifting young students out of poverty.
- Kathryn Tso, History & Materials Science and Engineering, ’22 who is spending this summer working with the descendants of victims of racially motivated lynchings between the 1930s and 1970s. Kathryn’s work will focus on studying what role restorative justice could play for these families.
- Eleane Lema, Chemistry & Biology, ’21 who spent this spring doing a Social Impact Internship with the Florida Institute for Health Innovation as an Environmental Health Equity Research Analyst. Eleane’s research on the social and political inequalities associated with climate change informed efforts for health equity advocacy and community preparedness for climate disasters.
The PKG Center serves over 2,000 MIT students each year and raises 50% of its budget annually. When you make a gift to the PKG Center, you provide opportunities for students like Audace, Kelly, and Ruth to work with communities to address challenges in fields like health and climate change and help them explore how to use their tech skills for social good. Please consider donating online through one of the funds below, or reach out to us to discuss how you’d like to support public service at MIT.
How to support PKG
Make your gift or pledge now using the Alumni Association’s secure online giving form.
- MIT PKG Public Service Fund: Account 3895660
Gifts to this fund provide overall program support for the PKG Center.
- Priscilla King Gray Public Service Fund: Account 3648600
Named after our co-founder, this endowed fund contributes to the financial foundation and sustainability of our Center.
- Public Service Center Fellowship Fund: Account 3895250
Gifts to this fund support the PKG Center’s Fellowships program.
Special class gifts
- Class of 1972 Priscilla King Gray Public Service Center Fund: Account 3650572
Gifts to this endowed fund provide support for students participating in service projects while learning about service and social responsibility or building their skills to tackle a community challenge.
- Class of 1977 Public Service Fund: Account 3133630
Gifts to this fund support students participating in public service work under the administration of the PKG Center.
- Class of 1978 Fellowship Fund: Account 2740808
The Class of 1978 Fund supports non-academic fellowships awarded for public service under the administration of the PKG Center.
- Class of 1996 Public Service Center Fund: Account 3648700
Gifts to establish an endowed fund to cover 25 percent of student wages for MIT students working in community agencies through the Community Service Work-Study program.
- Class of 1997 Public Service Center Fund: Account 3133805
Gifts to this fund provide grant support for students participating in public service work. Grant support could include, but not be limited to, travel, program implementation, lodging, materials and equipment used in project development, or communication needs.
Call the Alumni Association at 1-800-MIT-1865 or (617) 253-8270, Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm (EST).
You may print a contribution form (PDF) and mail it with your gift to:
MIT Alumni Fund
c/o Jill Bassett, Senior Director PKG Center
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Avenue, W20-549
Cambridge, MA 02139-4307
Talk with us about supporting the PKG Center
Office: Building W20-549
Phone: (617) 253-0742
By supporting the PKG Center, you are contributing to the MIT Campaign for a Better World. #MITBetterWorld